Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The gotdamn prison industrial complex. . .

is one of the most depressing systems in our society. Everyday, I thank God that I don't know a handful of people being held in our jails/penitentiaries. One of my close friends is in jail and I swear I go through withdrawls at least three times a day, missing him. In the midst of wishing he would come home I get to thinking how unfair the jail system is. Getting caught up with the "wrong" crowd or being in the wrong place at the wrong time is the story behind many's incarceration. Not using that as an excuse, I just know my big homie has no business being held behind bars. He had a good job, was well grounded, all around good dude, but he had to get caught up. Sometimes God takes things from us so we can learn to better appreciate them. And I firmly believe this, because everyday, three times a day, in the midst of missing him, I'm reminded that I truly appreciate this man. & I hope he's learning something through this whole process. I just want him to come home. . .#FreeSlicc! & that's my whole thing!

No comments: