Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Quid pro Quo?

So this idea of friendship is so much more complicated than it should be. My own personal experiences have taught me that in every relationship, there will always be someone who gives more than the other. Why can't all parties involved devote the same amount of time and energy into the relationship? I usually find myself giving the most. I'm not a superhero! I can't salvage and manage every relationship on my own. I can't give and give and hardly ever see even half of my time and devotion reciprocated back to me. I like to think I'm worth the time; shit, I'm a damn good friend. But there's only so much time and energy I can invest...and many times, it's my own time and energy that keeps friendships functioning. Friendships aren't a one-man business. Can I get some "quid pro quo" action going on? You do for me, and I'll do for you? geeeeeez!

No comments: